Alaska Native Corporations & the Small Business Administration 8(a) Program
Alaska Native Corporations (ANCs) are authorized under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) of 1971 to establish a system of corporate asset ownership that provides for the long-term financial independence of Alaska Natives. ANSCA was formed to assist disadvantaged Alaska Natives as Congress abandoned the reservation system used elsewhere in the U.S.
As an ANC, MTNT and its subsidiaries deliver value to our clients by exercising special status provided through the SBA 8(a) program.
ANC contracting advantages include:
- The ability to greatly reduce procurement cycles through direct award of contracts
- ANCs can receive unlimited direct awards from any federal government agency
- Contract awards are not limited by size, scope or geographical location
- Direct awards to an ANC cannot be protested
- Allows the government to engage in unlimited value negotiated contracts (Alpha Contracting)
ANCs are a natural fit for Alpha Contracting because it allows all stakeholder requirements and expectations to be discussed with the performing ANC contractor and its teaming partner(s) prior to the procurement phase. In fact, according to a 2010 research paper prepared at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, CA, Alpha Contracting improves communication between the government and industry; decreases the number of RFP iterations, revisions, misunderstandings and errors; increases trust; reduces the cycle time required; and results in cost savings.
Contact us to learn more about how working with a qualified and experienced ANC 8(a) Corporation can help overcome procurement delays, disruptions, and cost-overruns plaguing standard contracting.