Who can Apply for MTNT Foundation Scholarships?
To be eligible for MTNT Foundation scholarships, applicants must:
- Be enrolled to MTNT, Limited or be the child of an original enrollee
- Be accepted to an accredited college, university, technical or vocational school
- Be enrolled in a program that is at least six weeks or 120 hours long
- Maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.0 for undergraduate students, 3.0 for graduate or master’s degree students, or 3.25 for specialists or doctorate students
If a new student applies with a GPA below these criteria, the student will be placed on probation for the first funding period. If a returning student’s GPA falls below these criteria during any funding period, the student will be placed on probation. If the student fails to increase his/her cumulative GPA to the minimum level during the probation period, sequential funding will be canceled and the student must successfully complete a semester on his/her own before reapplying for funding.
What kind of scholarships does MTNT Foundation offer and when do I apply?
MTNT Foundation offers basic vocational scholarships. Awards range from $500.00 per semester for part-time students to $1,000.00 per semester for full-time or vocational students.
Basic scholarships are for students enrolled in a degree program, at an accredited school, either part time or full time. There are three deadlines: applications must be postmarked by 5 p.m. on March 15 (for the summer semester), July 15 (for the fall semester) and December 15 (for the spring semester).
Vocational scholarships are for those students who do not meet the criteria for the Basic Scholarship/ Standard Degree Program, but who want to attend a short-term, vocational course or program of study or certification. Students will receive funding equal to the cost of the course, not to exceed $1,000, and may receive funding once per year. These scholarships have the same deadlines as the Basic Scholarship.
How Do I Apply?
To apply applicants must submit:
- A completed Scholarship Application Form
- A completed Release & Consent Form
- A letter of acceptance from the school he/she will be attending
- Official transcripts sent directly from the school
Applications may be faxed, but all originals still need to be mailed.
Continuing Students Must:
- Submit an application, transcripts, or progress reports for Vocational Students and proof of enrollment for each funding period
- Submit Certificates upon completion of Program