Supporting Our Shareholders and Descendants Through Their Educational Journey
Types of Scholarships and Deadlines
MTNT Foundation offers basic and vocational scholarships to MTNT Limited original enrollees and their descendants. Awards range from $500 per semester for part-time and vocational students to $1,000 per semester for full-time.
There are three deadlines: applications must be postmarked by 4 p.m. on March 16 (Summer 2020 semester), July 15 (Fall 2020 semester) and December 15 (Spring 2021 semester).
Basic scholarships are for students enrolled in a degree program, at an accredited school, either part time or full time.
Vocational scholarships are for those students who do not meet the criteria for the Basic Scholarship/ Standard Degree Program, but who want to attend a short-term, vocational course or program of study or certification. Students will receive funding equal to the cost of the course, not to exceed $500. These scholarships have the same deadlines as the Basic Scholarship.
To be eligible for MTNT Foundation scholarships, applicants must:
- Be enrolled
toMTNT, Limited or be the child of an original enrollee
- Be accepted to an accredited college, university, technical or vocational school
- Be enrolled in a program that is at least six weeks or 120 hours long
- Maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.0 for undergraduate students, 3.0 for graduate or master’s degree students, or 3.25 for specialists or doctorate students
If a new student applies with a GPA below these criteria, the student will be placed on probation for the first funding period. If a returning student’s GPA falls below these criteria during any funding period, the student will be placed on probation. If the student fails to increase his/her cumulative GPA to the minimum level during the probation period, sequential funding will be canceled and the student must successfully complete a semester on his/her own before reapplying for funding.
How to Apply
To apply applicants must submit:
- A completed Scholarship Application Form
- A completed Release & Consent Form
- A letter of acceptance from the school he/she will be attending
- Official transcripts sent directly from the school
- Statement of Purpose describing yourself, your goals and why you are attending
- Continuing students must submit proof of enrollment for each funding period
- Continuing students must submit certificates upon completion of Program
Applications may be faxed or emailed, but all originals still need to be mailed.
For more information, contact our office
Click here to view the MTNT Foundation Scholarship Program FAQ Flyer.
March 16 – Summer Term (2020)
July 15 – Fall Term (2020)
December 15 – Spring Term (2021)
MTNT Management Services, LLC
1500 W. 33rd Ave., Suite 100
Anchorage, Alaska 99503