Supporting Our Shareholders and Descendants Through Their Educational Journey
Scholarships and Deadlines
MTNT Foundation offers General and Vocational Training/Continuing Education Scholarships to MTNT Shareholders and their descendants. Awards range from $500 per semester for part-time enrollment to $1,000 per semester for full-time enrollment in a degree seeking program; and up to $1,000 per semester for vocational training, continuing education or certification programs. It is the student’s responsibility to reapply for each funding period.
There are three deadlines: applications must be postmarked by 4 p.m. on March 15 (Summer 2022 term), July 15 (Fall 2022 term) and December 15 (Spring 2023 term).
General Scholarships are for students enrolled either part-time or fulltime in a degree-seeking program at an accredited post-secondary school.
Vocational Training/Continuing Education Scholarships
Vocational Training/Continuing Education Scholarships are for students who are attending vocational training, continuing education or certification program of study.
To be eligible for MTNT Foundation scholarships, applicants must:
- Be an MTNT Shareholder or a descendant of an original Shareholder. If not a Shareholder of MTNT Ltd., submit a copy of your birth certificate as proof of your relationship to an original MTNT Shareholder (first time applicants).
- Be accepted to an accredited college, university, technical or vocational school.
- Be enrolled in a program that is at least six weeks or 120 hours long
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA for undergraduate students, 3.0 GPA for graduate or master’s degree students, or 3.25 GPA for specialists or doctorate students
If a new student applies with a GPA below these criteria, the student will be placed on probation for the first funding period. If a returning student’s GPA falls below these criteria during any funding period, the student will be placed on probation. If the student fails to increase his/her cumulative GPA to the minimum level during the probation period, sequential funding will be canceled and the student must successfully complete a semester on his/her own before reapplying for funding.
How to Apply
To apply for a MTNT scholarship, the following must be submitted by the Scholarship Deadline:
- Complete and signed MTNT Scholarship Application Form
- Most recent official transcripts
- Letter of Acceptance
- Proof of enrollment for each funding period
- Statement of Purpose describing yourself, your goals and why you are pursuing the program
Applications may be emailed or mailed.
For more information, contact MTNT at 907-644-1200 or email email@example.com.
March 15 – Summer Term (2022)
July 15 – Fall Term (2022)
December 15 – Spring Term (2023)
***New Address Effective June 1, 2022***
400 W. Tudor Road, Suite A-400
Anchorage, AK 99503